Thursday, January 31, 2013

When One Door Closes, Another one Opens

When one door closes, another one opens. I don't know how many of you witnessed that in your own lives. I have definitely seen the mysterious hands from above open my doors when all my doors were slammed shut. If you've been reading my blog, then you know that my husband and I were victims of Hurricane Sandy. We lost our first floor of our home and both cars were gone. However, something great came out of Sandy which I am not going to disclose at this time. At one point in my life, I was engaged. The man I was engaged to was verbally abusive. I stayed with him for ignorant reasons: security (the feeling that you are in a relationship and not alone). I also adored his home as silly as that sounds. He lived by the water and I love the water. However, tragedy set in and I was forced to leave him. I am thankful that I did. If I had not left him, I am not quite sure if I would be here writing today. It turned out that he was not quite well. It was hard for me to see that. Love can sometimes lead you into a warped reality where you are blinded by your desires, needs, and wants. I thought that was it and I would never be with anyone. My friends were very good to me at the time. However, I had to be strong on my own. I met my husband six months later. When a door closes, life may seem unbearable, upsetting, and repulsive. However, we don't realize that when these doors close, it may be in our best interest. When your door shuts tight, try to release it by living your dreams. Live your life! Then when you least expect it, be prepared and your door may open. When you walk through this mystical door, you may find yourself in a glorious garden or by a beautiful placid lake. I don't know where you'll be because it is your life and your dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment