Thursday, July 30, 2015

Don't Judge A Book By Its Cover; or A Film!

I admit it.  I was wrong about the new film, Annie.  At first, I was upset when it came out.  I thought to myself why ruin a good thing? I vowed that I would not see it.  I kept that vow until I noticed that it was running on Stars cable network.  Reluctantly, I took a shot.  I also always believed that Little Orphan Annie should have red curly hair as the prototyped Annie.  However, they put a spin on things and added new songs.  They took the story and added a modern day spin that didn't hinder the movie from being good.  I only wish they would've titled it different. To keep the original Annie sacred, I feel that they should have titled it: Annette:  A new spin on Annie.  Otherwise, I felt it was a very good flick.  Cameron Diaz portrayed a good Miss. Hannigan.  I liked that they changed the name from Daddy Warbucks to Mr. Stacks.  I appreciated the character Annie to be spunky as the original movie portrayed Annie to be.  I was a true fan of the movie.  I remember going to see it and was mesmerized by the plot and music the first time.  Again, I felt mesmerized by this modern tale.  I can be quite a sap and by the very end of the movie, I was in tears.  They may have been happy tears, but they were tears.  So, I give the new Annie a thumbs up and would definitely watch it again.

        VERSUS          

No comments:

Post a Comment