Thursday, October 25, 2012

Teachers Can Be Like Celebrities

Recently, I had the pleasure of meeting my third grade teacher. After all these years, she has not changed. She always reminded me of a movie star. I remember as a little girl that she seemed to have a smile on her face all the time. In fact, I remember my principal coming into the room and sitting in the back of the classroom. I did not know why he was there at the time. However, now I know he was probably there to observe her lesson. She handled her lesson with grace that day. I remember that she kept a smile on her face the entire time. She also dealt with parents or the paparazzi of that time with such finesse and confidence. She stood up in front of the class every day with enthusiasm and was quite nurturing to all. I guess to give you a vivid picture of her, I can tell you that she looks a little like Sophia Loren. I remember that day she was wearing beautiful pearls and a elegant red dress. As she left the building, she left with a glamorous fur stole around her neck. To this day, she carries herself very well. She still wears the same glamorous smile on her face. She truly reminds me of a celebrity. In a way, teachers are like celebrities. They are on stage in the classroom everyday. Everyone looks at them, what they are wearing, what are they saying, and watches their every move. If you are a teacher, do you feel that your job description is similar to a celebrity's job? Educators, give yourself credit and here is your Oscar because you all deserve it. I would definitely give my third grade teacher an Oscar as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment