Saturday, April 5, 2014

Farewell To A Dear Friend

A couple of weeks ago, I wrote about my friend who was not doing too well in the hospital. She suffers from a horrid disease called, Mastocytosis. I wrote a previous blog about the disease as it is not too common. Unfortunately, my friend passed on last night. We all have guilt when someone dies. I feel bad that just this year, at my birthday, I did not really spend as much time with her as I would have liked. If you go in a large group, you generally hang out or gravitate toward two or three close friends and forget about the rest, which is not right, but it is a fact. At least, that is the way it is for me. Unfortunately, I can't say that I was truly close with her. I am thankful for the time we shared together. We once traveled with another close friend of mine to Texas. We went for vacation purposes and visited the Alamo. However, my tummy did not do too well in Texas so it was not the most memorable time for me. Two summers ago, my friend and I decided to have plans and go to a movie,. It would just be the two of us which is a first because we never hung out one on one before. It was always with a group. However, I cold honestly say that we both opened up to each other about many things. She opened up to me about her disease and that is when she had asked me to blog about it in hopes of educating others. I am truly thankful for the day that I was able to spend with her. In honor of my friend I am going to write a simple poem.



She is now an angel in heaven's sky
Did not have time to say goodbye
Inflicted with a rare disease since birth
Did not have too much time to spend on earth
She is no longer in pain and has been set free
Flying on her angelic wings, but taken too early.

No comments:

Post a Comment